Thursday, November 6, 2008

American Election

If I have to hear one more thing about Barack Obama becoming the new president, I'm probably going to puke. Sure, he beat out McCain and became the first African-American president. And yes, I did want Obama to win and I am happy that he was voted in. But that's it. That's as far as it goes. I will not rant and rave about how he is going to fix everything and be the greatest thing that ever happened to the US. After each Canadian election for a new prime minister, I barely heard anything about who won or how great it was. Yet when the US election was over, everywhere I went and every radio station I listened to talked about how Obama won. How much coverage do Canadian elections get in the States? Next to none, because if you head anywhere down south, how many people know who the Canadian prime minister actually is? Hardly any, and most people think we have a president as well. People who made ecstatic phone calls to their friends when they found out Obama won need to relax. Calm down because a week from now you'll have forgotten all about it.

No comments: